Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Consequences

There comes a time in everyone's life where they have to step up their game. You can't wait or lie down to wait for life to happen. For many of you it was going to college, maybe it was going for a promotion. For me it was joining the army. I wasn't cutting it on my own. 9-11 was fresh in people's minds and I was a college dropout.
Why am I bringing this up? There are consequences to our action and our decisions. We have to keep on moving.
When we reach Life's plateau maybe we ask ourselves what do we have to show for it. Some of you will graduate college with a degree that isn't to apealing to the job market. Some of you may notice other people moving up all around you and you can't figure out why you are not. Some of us have to start over.
If I would have stayed in school I could have been more then I am now. Is it time for me to grow up some more? I feel if I had the degree in journalism I could have a little bit more income or be able to be more satisfied.
That was a choice possibly laziness or maybe I was trying to find an easy fix.
The world didn't necassarily put me here. Life is hard but I should have been more proactive. Feeling sorry for yourself is a waste. I often think of the things I do have. The army was a bad experience but it was a good decision.
Maybe our country has to do some more growing up. This maybe in the form of compromise.
In my last post I mention Democrats and republicans our views may split us apart and then there is our social classes. I personally want more from my representative and my president. I also understand that the choices I have made put me here.
Maybe we should all reevaluate our decsions. Maybe I should take online classes because being in a classroom can be intemidating for me. What can you do to better your situation? Or all you making that decision.
We should probably stop blaming others and do what we can for ourselves.
Finally, hold your head up it could be worse. If you are reading this chances are you have a computer. If you have computer maybe you have a roof over your head. If you have a roof over your head maybe you have food in the fridge or cabinet. Maybe you even have a car. Then you might have the option of going to the grocery store to buy food. Hopefully you have some extra money to go out with your freinds. Maybe you are loved by family or a signifigant other. Americans are resiliant look at all we've been through so far.

No comments: