Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Maybe I did what I was suppose to do

A Cloudy Rainy Day

There was an ambulance without the sirens on outside her apartment. I was on my balcony watching it go on. The two EMS guys came out with their stretcher. However, there was no one on it. They sat in their ambulance talking on the phone and rubbing their eyes. I didn’t hear the conversation. I didn’t know why they were called or what was wrong.
She was in a wheelchair, however she could still manage to drive herself places. I figured if you can drive you can write. Everyone has a story to tell that was part of my master plan.
I myself was disabled. I started shaking when I thought of the plan. I didn’t know if it was because of the coffee and cigarettes or because of my meds.
Since I didn’t like driving for the most part, I usually stayed in a couple blocks radius from my apartment. There was a Kroger across the street, a costco a block away, and a Gold’s Gym three blocks away. Near Gold’s there was a CVS.
I figured CVS would have school supplies like notebooks and pens. I drove there when the rain had stopped. I hate driving in the rain. I spent money there that would normally be spent on cigarettes (I started back up again). I bought a notebook and two pens.
I took a poetry class at the community college. I figured I could teach her how to write poetry, she could use the notebook as a journal, or maybe she can draw in it. I made sure that the notebook was wide ruled. The only real advice I could give to anyone was to write rather it be fiction or non fiction.
I drove back for some reason still shaking. I arrive back at my apartment and went inside. I smoked because I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. I got my scissors and pierced a hole in the package of pens so she could open them easily. Sometimes those things are hard to open.
Finally I walked to her ramp and knocked on her door. There was a security pad with numbers on it beside her door. There was also another ramp that was smaller so she should leave her apartment. NO one answered my first knock so I knocked again. There was still no answer. I hoped everything was alright as I placed the gift on the ramp. I made sure the ramp wasn’t wet from the rain when I placed it on it. I also thought it might be hard for her to reach. I didn’t know what else to do. Should I have written a note? My handwriting is terrible. I then walked away back to my apartment.

No comments: