Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Art of Music

I had a guitar lesson today. It had been awhile since I was in a situation where I had to receive instruction. I had trouble focusing, and I had a slight tremor in my right hand. The tremor or shakes which is what I call it was discussed in therapy the day before. I am on strong medication and sometimes when you take a higher dose you get the shakes. There is a more scientific term for it but there is no way I could even try to spell it.
On a good note towards the end I was grasping what my teacher was saying.
I got home for the lesson and made another one. Tonight I will be practicing what I had learn.
To change the subject, right now I am thinking about team sports. I played them in my younger years and had the time of my life, but there is a point during playing when a boy does a little growing up. THis is when he realizes he can't go on to the next level. In his adult years he may play pick up games like for basketball or football but because of work and the issues that come with old age he can's play as often.
With music once you have taken away the fact that you are not going to be a rock star, the person will fine that all he needs is an audience of one. It is one thing to listen to music, you might feel the same affects as a person who can play an instrument. What usually happens is the outside noice, the outside problems evaporate. At one point of my lesson I was just thinking about the tone of my guitar. I was listening to just me not the noice that I usually hear being alone in my apartment. I think I should mention that it is never too late to pick up an insturment. YOu can practice whenever. You can practice untill you are dead.

No comments: