Thursday, November 15, 2012

About Shane

I was in a band with three other guys. We would make up our songs, and living a small town with not that much to do this was our purpose. I don't remember how long we were togehter but I ended up quitting the band because of writer's block. As a kid I didn't know how to handle writer's block. I also got tired of playing the same set list or the same songs. Writer's block made me feel worthless and stupid.
The THree other members invited Shane to be a new band. I was immediatley jealous. I asked Will the lead singer if he was a good guitar player. Will said yes and I could tell he ment it.
Jealousy is not the best way to get  to know someone.
THen I saw them live. Shit he is a good guitar. It made me feel worse because he was better then me. During the show I did my best to figure out the chords. I had never seen them before. I told Will this at the waffle house. "Yeah, he makes up his own chords." What the hell.
The band was True Solar Holiday. I guess it was an emo indie kind of thing. Shane could rock.
Dear Shane,
It is really shitty that we had the same illness but I never got to tell you what I have learned on my end. I feel there is unfinish business here that I can't do anything about. Now I have time on my hands which I try to educate and share my illness with others through publication and other things. I can't share with you. But I undertand what you were going through because I went through the same things. LOve Peace and Music 

No comments: