Friday, January 25, 2013

Romantizing the Loser

LOser. A person who isn't driven by money but understand that homelessness sucks. THis was inspired by Beastie Boys Radio on Pandora. THe Beck song came on, and I realized that some of us want that enlightenment that happens when you create something. The high can be as strong as running five miles a day. It is a scientific fact that believing in something can help your brain waves whether religion, art, or reltionships. Well, help your brain waves.
LOsers do not associate with people who say there is no money in it. Yet they do it anyway. I have a self published book called When We Were Young and I believe it is a masterpiece. MOst of it is true except for the times I was too drunk to remember what exactly went on. It is not selling.
LOser for an outside observer who hears this may be insulted. Today I am satisfied with no gold on my fingers or around my neck. LOser are satisfied with the people they care about. As my brother use to say NOthing exceeds like excess. HOnestly we don't need all that stuff with the tech wars, name brand clothing, or expensive cars.
I was in New York last weekend, and saw Cat on A HOt tin roof by Tennessee Williams. Scarlett Joahnson's character at one time said similar to this,"It is okay to be poor when you are young but not when you're old." or something like that.
When I was young I was a full time dishwasher with a word processor.
LOve the simple things. MOney complicates things. Fame and fortune I don't think so.

No comments: