Saturday, September 3, 2011

An open letter to Richmond

Dear Richmond,
Let the spirit of Dizzy and the bird guide my spirit. The brass runs true of Richmond tonight beside the slip ups.
I was literary under the weather by two rejections I got by Oxford University Press. Two writings I cared deeply about came to this at mojos. Some what depressed I bought a beer for a man that seemed to deserve a beer when all he wanted was something to eat. We talked football and basics but he might have needed a friend as much as me. He made an unusual sound gritting his teeth. Maybe I made him nervous by how nice I was. He evntaully left after my Philly cheese steak.
I was alone again when as academia set beside me with his girl for the night. He was very inteligent and seem to be stressed out about graduate school. He made the statement that college was easy and graduate school was how college was back in the 40's and 50's. This made me further depressed because I just have a comunity college degree. I left with my attention falling on a college football game. TCU and Baylor were playing.
I switched from whiskey to tall boys of the champange of beers. Watery indugence made me smile and snickle to myself as a bench clearing brawl broke out during the college football game.
I later bummed cigarates and drank more beer. Broke the city can break you, but with funds you find yourself enjoying the cools late summer nights.
Then on the way back after epic converations Paraham was lit up in blue by the pd. State and local were among us. I drove through staying in line and following the traffic rules.
I did in fact buy some cigarattes at the local 7-11 that I will prbably throw away in time. Thank you Jesus for keeping me save when my trade was rejecting me. I feel like this was my night, but next time I will not cut it so close. It is taxis from now on.

No comments: