Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/19/12-Prayer

Have you ever been overwhelmed by the struggles of others?
The wretch turns to alchohol
the beauty shines in colorful shades
when you meet them
like the woman who was called ugly all her life
by her dad and grandmother
and then the homosexual who stumbled
with every excessive sip of vodka and cranberry
he studied at Juliard
talents within the struggle
can be an extention of the hand
of the leg and of the mind
I have trouble seeing them as sinful
Alchohol runs deep and the gene runs deep in so many veins
I have my faith and a glass of beer
sometimes I feel strength in alone
but God wants us to venture outside our comfort zones
to the wretch
Dear God give us strrength not to feel overwhelmed
by the things we can't change
I ask you to show yourself
within the lives of the people on the outside
we have to have a value
Please God

No comments: