Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Resssurection- here me out

Very few of us have gone through what Jesus has gone through on the cross. He was beaten, nails were beaten in his wrist, and then he was ran through by spear. He died then he rose from the dead. This is pretty much the corner stone of the Christian faith.
I went to my mom's church Easter Sunday, and then today I heard the Easter message from my church. Same idea but not the same message. The second time around I got another perspective.
Have you been. laid off, were you in the combat zone, did you just have a huge argument with your spouse or partner. These are just a few things where people can feel defeated.
I often feel inspired by other vets down at the hospital. Some are in wheelchairs, some have some kind of prosthetic, or they are just alone. But they are there. Although they probably feel like staying in bed like I do sometimes they decide to take on the day.
Is it safe to say that some people have experience something they killed them emotionally or mentally. (This may be a strong analogy) What do alot of us do? We rise again to take on the day.
The hazing I experience doesn't compare to the brutal truth of Christ crucifixon. I asked for help to who ever was listening. I might have been broken by the army, but I got back into my m-113 (tank) and looked forward to being back home in the barracks.
When you leave your solitude you will come in contact with people who might not understand you or in some cases don't even like you. Maybe a HI how are you is tough to say to some of these people. I am not going to say KIll them with kindness but I will say remember why you are working. Remember why you are there and remember who put you here. I think the motivation will come.
Maybe you are living day to day or you live by what one of my uncles says, "Every day above ground is a good day." Think about this, everytime we rise we are that much closer to heaven.

No comments: