Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/10/11

It was my day to visit my kindergarden class. I didn't want to get out of bed. I had to make myself. The coffee helped.
I walked into the class and Life was already in trouble.
He yelled at the foster grandma. "Get your hands off me you old lady."
I wasn't there to see it but I had to force myself not to laugh.
Another thing that happened was that Ms. Cottan told the kids to tell me thank you. That meant alot.
Also there were my directions for the day on top of a board game.
This was new. I usually huffered around the class and looked for misbehavior (Idon't know how else to put it). Today I was encharge of station 2. Station 2 was suppose to play the board game.
In the note, Ms. Cottan wrote how the instructions were confusing that she made up her own. I familarized myself with her directions, the board, and the pieces of the game.
Then the students were asked to break into there teams. Life was crawling around on the floor. I told him to stop using the word please and he did so. He more often then not does what I tell him to do. He then went to station two where his group was.
There are about 13 students in this class. Gran it I am bad with names anyway but I only know the once that misbehave.The team leader of group two at station two is a beautiful smart girl. I don't know her name. She always wants to hold my hand. I still don't know her name. I feel so bad about this.
Charles was in this group to. He likes football more then he likes school which is fine. I try to tell him that if he wants to play football then he has to be good in school. It hasn't registered yet.
Anyway I did my best at explaining Ms. Cottan's rules to the group. I felt like they understood so they picked their pieces.
The pieces were different color.
The team leader went first then Charles,Victory,a girl who is painfully shy and quiet, and lastly Life.
I thought Life would have a problem with being last. Most of the kids in the class had a problem being last. Life didn't complain or anything.
When it was you turn to play, you were suppose to pick up a disk that had a letter on one side and a bug on the other. You say the letter then you have to think of a word that begins with that letter.
Charles had some trouble with this especially with the letter W so I whispered in his ear.
"Wagon."
Victory did fine. Next was the painfull shy and quiet girl. She picked up an O. She just sat there. Time went by. She just sat there.
The team leader asked her. "What lives in the ocean?"
"That's one right there." I said.
The team leader went over to me and whispered. "I meant octopus."
The quiet girl just shrugged her shoulders.
Why won't she talk.
I told the quiet girl that I was going to count to 5. Nothing happened and I took a long time counting too.
How can I help anyone if they don't talk?
Next was Life. He behaved himself got his letter said a word and rolled the die. It was perfect.
The game went on untill, Ms. Cottan told the class it was time for Mr. Moody's, who was another kindergarden teachers, surprise. Life got excited.
The class lined up and I followed then to Mr. Moody's class.
His class was infront of a rather larger screen.
I decided to leave after that after asking Ms. Cottan if I could go. She said I could.
Thinking out loud: LIfe needs more male role models in his life.
The quiet girl who drives me crazy should be friends with life. I want her to act up.
Victory is a good kid too. The reason I remember her name is because it is so cool

No comments: