Monday, June 11, 2012

THe article is going to go all over the place. I am going to ask some questions that I can answer for myself but you will have to answer for yourself.
With the separation of party lines and the election coming up, One side is going to be unsatisfied. THis is obvious. I think it is becoming more intense with our differences. Right now I am imagining what if we had a civil and different regions branched off of what we now know as the UNited States of America. Imagine if the U.S. become two countries. One a conservative state and the other a liberal state. I have been in both extremes and I can't help but think that both will be opressive.
Around a conserative group of friends, they don't like Obama, they don't believe in gay marriage, and they are pro-life. I can't say I belong in this group.
Yet in the liberal group, my christianity is dismissed, and I can't say if I know rather or not if they love this country.
Both sides can admit that this country has flaws. How we solve them can be botched up by what media outlet you decide to listen to.
I think both sides want to help the American people, and cut spending. Again, however, how we do this is among our differences.
I've looked at my firends on facebook post and all I can say is wow. Wow for a number of reasons. On one hand they all believe America needs should come first, but when it comes to social issues or how you are going to live you life they are different.
Naively I wish we could have one political party that can be opened to all of our demands. I also think that if we had one political party that would end up being similar to a dictatorship.
Man, this is tough. I can't help but being cinical about both political parties.
Politicans lie, and the media does and says anything to get viewers.
BY saying all of this I can't help but feel A) Ignorant like everybody is B) think about what Jesus said were the two most important commandments. ONe, LOve God above all other things. Two, LOve you neighbor like you love yourself. Where do you stand? What is going to become of America? Do you think Fox News and Msnbc are there just to make money?

No comments: