Thursday, June 21, 2012

the rain 6/21/12

As the rain comes falling down, you can hear the piddle paddle on the ashphalt. What is it telling you after days in the tripple digits. I think it says things eventaually fit into place. It says, "I will cool you down." Today after the rain it was muggy, and swet rolled off you brow with just a step outside. Don't get me wrong I like my sunny days, especially in the spring but rain is a miracle. Not to mention a good cooling thunderstorm can relax you with a little cool jazz. I am wishing for a thunderstorm, one to make one stay in with the once close or maybe one to make people walk carefully onto curbs while they get wet. I pray for lightening and thunder. I want to be drenched. Why rush when you are in a storm? I say get wet and store it up because this summer may bring drought. Now the plants and trees glisten from the raindrops that fell. The cars in the parking lot are starting to dry. It is still cloudy. I wait for the rain again to saturate us with the spirit. Let it remind us of being young and playful.

No comments: