Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jazz on Pandora

Idealy you should listen to jazz on vinyl but for now it is pandora. Pandora shows the album covers. There were two right next to each other the caught my eye. One was Art Blakey's album Moanin' the other was JOhn Coltrane the prestige recordings.
I own Moanin' but the cd skips. In the cover he is wearing a bow tie, and he is looking off in the distance. There a slight since of sadness there maybe it is the road and the smoke filled clubs he usually plays in.
One the cover of the JOhn Coltrane album, he is in deep thought with his hand touching his face. He is questioning his ability like we all do. It is hard for me to imagine that because I think Mr. Coltrane is a genious.
MUsic. When you question your own ability and you think your not good enough yet people keep showing up at your shows. Musicans shouldn't settle. I think good musicans just want to be heard. Fame. Have you even notice when it(music) is all you have as in you breathe it, you excrete it, and you wash with it that is when it is at your best. Is success a bad thing when comes to art? If you are getting anything from this paragraph, you should get that you are doing it for yourself and you should do it as long as you can.
I am not a musician but I respect the hell out of you. Recently a friend on facebook put an article on there saying something or complaining about starting out. My friend is awesome. He commented in favor of his love for music which in tells sleeping on floors, not getting paid, and other things that isn't to glamoraous.
Art Blakey and JOhn Coltrane made it and people still are inspired by their music today. IN their eyes is still the struggle. Do there eyes say, am I doing all I can?
If you are not a musican like I am, make sure you a working to be the best. Whatever it is. I'm going to change the subject but some doctors at V.A. have that stare maybe overwhelmed, stressed out yet still a fight in their eyes witha side of crazy. I urge all artist and employees not to settle. We need you to make this country great. Strife to be great even if no one is paying attention.

No comments: