Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just Another Creepy Guy

When I go to the grocery store, I try my best to say hello or do as little as a smile to a stranger. Nobody expects this. Today I was in the beer asile and a man had shiner bock. I said,"Shiner Bock that sounds like a good idea." He didn't say anything. I guess he was surprise or even scared. I beleive we are all Americans or even human beings so we should be able to talk to anyone, even if it is just pleasantries.
Was I trying to make a new friend or even have a drinking buddy, No. I simply think, "nice weather we are having" will break through lost expressions.
It is important that you do this in grocery stores or movies theatre not bars. Dinking lowers your inhibitions at it is usually unreal.
Today I found that white people are more reserved. African Americans were different. As I got my six pack of shiner block I stood behind this African American woman who had a tiny buggy of groceries. She looked at them and then decided to leave. She looked at me and said,"I came here for greeting cards."
I noticed one in her buggy and said,"There's one."
And she said I need more.
Then there was an African AMercian man who checked me out in the line. He was close to my age. The youngens or his work associates were talking about Madden, you know the video game. And he said I've been playing MAdden since 1994. I personally don't play video games but I was interested. The Asian bagger asked him what are you favorite video games. I didn't recongize most of them except MOrtal Combat. THe man checking me said his mom wouldn't let him buy the game but he played it in the arcade. Remember arcades?
I can't help but dig little coversations like this. People are cool. Politcs won't unify us but beer will possibly even video games. We need to be able to talk to each other face to face.
  

No comments: