Monday, August 27, 2012

To live out loud

And in the grips of insanity
what carries my hope
what keeps me laughing
when the voices seem to control my mood
I've often said, Once you've lost it, you can't lose it again
I laugh
and no one else does
NOrmal so boring you might say
when my imperfections shine
like the one line of poetry
I am a writer
unoticed
changed by the real world
and in adulthood I value my smile
the struggle is beautiful
once you can look back at it
I find myself crying
it is better then scissor cuts
when I was an adolescent
or cigarette burns
NOw I've quit smoking
I have settled but these words might say otherwise
I am alone in the bliss
As a young man there was no one to tell me I would be this content at this age
I laugh
I sing
I dance
there is still fear
that I am trying to ignore
I ignore so that I might live out loud

No comments: