Monday, July 4, 2011

7/4/11

Drank wine from South Africa, and smoked drugstore cigars. Laughed at all the plans ruined by the rain and thunder. We waited till the last minute for ours. The lightening was our fireworks. Rain might have blown in on the front porch getting our flip flop feet wet but we remained outside. Held our cell phones close to hear from the girls. While listening to solid gold oldies asking the question, "Will you still love me tomorrow." I didn't share the stories in my head that were inspired by that song. July fourth and we've felt like this before. The storm exhaled the bitterness of the last cigar as I drove home with the wipers clearing off the horizon.Independence day and the thunder was the big boom.

1 comment:

Thelma Putnam said...

Happy 4th of July. Couldn't have said it better myself.