Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lake Norman. North Carolina

The sights of Lake Norman never leave your brain. The brown water decorates your thoughts. The river was brown because the water was so clear you could see the thick mud at the bottom. There was usually beer in the fridge in the garage, and that was where I had my first taste when I was about 5.
I usually had my life vest on, hoping I would be able to splash my brother this time down. We drank coke cola. After swimming, I would get my fishing rod and try to catch blue gills off the dock.
After tanning, mom and my aunt would probably go for margrittas.
There was a canoe I could swim to and with the canoe I would go to the island which was in clear view of my aunt's dock.
If the adults got to drunk, my brother and me would be ask to go inside to watch tv.
It was a cool paradise of broken hearts and a grin from ear to ear vacation.

No comments: