Thursday, July 7, 2011

7/7/11

I have been listening to the Clash's album Londan Calling in my car. Great album. I guess depending on what social circle you are in the lyrics still apply today. One line speaks volumes to me, "It is the best years of your life they want to steel." I love that line.
Now I guess I have high standards I am not meeeting, not to mention I think I could have done much better in my youth. Then there is the college educated who probably couldn't handle some of the situations I've been in. Then again would they be or put themselves in that situation in the first place. The debate between academia and real world experence is nothing new. I've met people who partied in their twenties and their thirties only to go back to college in their late thirties and forties. Personally it took me 6 years of starting over and dropping out to get a two year degree from community college.
I guess I will never win this debate for myself but I think in the grand sceme of things I didn't grow up to fast and maturity was discreeted out with every beer piss.
All I know is I am happy now.

No comments: