Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Amy Winehouse freewrite

Listening to Winehouse. First track Rehab. A song that for some reason, despite the subject matter makes people myself included want to drink. I personally have cut back considerably on my drinking, but everyone has a little bit of bad. I think it isn't quite the devil, but I think God makes us his spiritual comedy. He's up there laughing, and we pay for it the next day. Anyway that stuff can kill you young so BEWARE.
The song Back to Black sounds like a Supreme song at the beginning. When I first heard it I thought Amy was going to start singing "Baby Love." Then another song, Tears Cry on their own, sound like that song that goes, ain't no mountain high enough.
I think it is a good album, but some U.K. chick was trying to steal our motown. The last song is hip hop.
One can come to many conclusions. I'll leave that up to you, cause for now I am just listening.
Amy Winehouse has several good lines but the one that hit me today was ,"I pour myself over him."
As far as motown goes , I would like to see the acts full of life. Smokey Robinson looks fairly young, because he had some work done. I can't get enough of Smoky Robinson especially ,"Tears of a Clown." Diana Ross is probably more of a diva now then she was then. Both can still sing.
So kids beware of your genious we all have a little.

No comments: