Sunday, August 7, 2011

This is how we treat our heros

As far as seal team six goes, we will probably never meet them, know their names, or even shake their hands for the job they have done. Seal team six is the group who raided and killed Osama Bin Laden. Osma Bin Laden was the mastermind behind september 11, 2001 which was a grueling 10 years ago.
How exstactic were you when you heard s couple hours sooner that Bin Laden was dead?
I heard the news on the radio which is ironic because when 9/11 happened I didn't own a tv. I listened to it on the radio again. I don't know I just thought that was wierd.
Yesterday, there was news that some members of seal team six were killed. The taliban said they were to blame. I persoanlly do not trust Pakistan and think the taliban knew that some of these men were going to be on this helicopter.
What comes to mind? REVENGE
I never went to war college but I figure that is an element of war getting the enemy back after they have done something to us. We teach our kids to turn the other cheek, and the last thing i want to sound like is a hippy who takes advantage of his freedom. When will end though?
Seal team six should have been put on a pedal stool. Gran it there would have been no parades but these men should have been taken out of combat, out of harms way. They had done their job. Some would probably hate being taken out but the way I see it the war is over. We can't go back and fourth for ever.

No comments: