Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Decemberists Hazards of Love

a friend put the song The Rake's Song on a mix cd. After that I wanted to hear more. I went out bought two Decemberists albums not really knowing what to look for. I bought Castaways and Cutouts and another one that I forgot the title. Both were on the KIll Rock Stars label which discovered Elliot Smith.That is why I picked these two albums up.
I liked both albums but I listen to Castaways and Cutouts more. However, I was discourage that Rake's Song wasn't on either of them.
I bought another Decemberists album at starbucks. That one is called The KIng is Dead. Not as mememoriable as the next Decemberists album I bought a month later, The hazards of Love.
The hazards of love has Rake's Song on it. I should say is a near perfect album.
At starbucks The king is dead was described as being folk core which I thought was intriguing. Never heard of folk core.
Hazards of love is on Capital and it came out in 2009. I call it a near perfect album because it has the different styles music I enjoy listening to. Maybe considered folk rock with a wide vareity of vocalist, acousitc guitar riffs that make you want to move, and electric distorted guitars that make you step lively. Epic.
I listened to the album during hurricane Irene, and some how it fit the wind display outside. I kind of felt like I could handle anything. So yes if you haven't gotten into the Decemberists already or debating rather you should buy Hazards of Love.

No comments: