Friday, August 19, 2011

Guitar Center

I don't have the best guitar, but today I decided to get it restrung since I don't know how to do it myself. I played the guitar straight for about five years, receiving 1 year of lessons. I was never that good at it or like alot of other things there was always someone better then me.
It is funny about picking up a musical instrument. You take the clumsiest most uncordinated person and if they find love in it that instrument can be an extention of their soul. For some reason it can also get to that you can't see the person without their new found love.
I was at guitar center trying to keep myself from quoting Waynes World not that I even knew the "May I help you riff." I lusted over the electric guitars as if they were a long legged woman. A guitar's issues can be managemable. You'll have to tune and restring it, and I can't honestly think of what else to do with one. I was aprehensive in asking if I could pick up this one holobody while my acoustic was being restrung. I love holobodies and I could afford it.
Just yesterday I was thinking about getting a tattoo of Miles Davis on my sleeve. Now I am thinking about buying a guitar. One or the other.
I paid for the strings and brought it back home. I immedaitely played it. It was already out of tune but I tried thinking of some of my poetry for a song. I of course can't play and sing at the same time.It took me awhile to make a descent sound out of it.
Moral of the story don't leave things in the closet for to long or it won't sound as good when you get it out to play.

No comments: