Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday Night Freewrite

Maybe I would be content in just throwing around the baseball with gloves or just play the guitar. One grandpa was a rolling stone. I never met him, but I am sure he chose drinking over the stronger founddation that comes with family.
At innsbrook again. I saw an attractive woman who needed help being stood up. I stood her up, me being between her and the bar. I got her some water. The alchohol is a bad influence but it is hard for me to ignore it. We danced while another one dance better with her. Her daughter was there questioning my intentions. Maybe I was questioning my own. We went to another place because her daughter may have left her purse in this particular bar with live music. She told me in so many words that her daughter was her ride. She was drunk and the other guy followed. I got the boucners attention and was willing to give her a tewenty for the cab ride home. The next thing I knew she was leaving with the other guy. Women.
I was at another place at innsbrook when I left the non smoking piano dual to bum cigarette with a girl.
Her name was Breeze and she told me her life story. She told me how she was nomianted prom queeen and how she was beaten. Then she said how she went up with the same girl for some kind of sporting event. This girl the other girl busted her knee in some flag football game. She still had some issues with it. She was my age now 30.
Suddenly her husband knocked me aside. I didn't know what the deal was because all I wanted was to bum a cigarette. I got the story.
"Are you picking up on my wife?" He asked.
"She bum me out a ciagerette."
I went on to say that she was ttalking to me about prom queen.
When there is the alchohol there is no real insghts. He wanted to fight me. I was reminded of the south Roanoke kids the older once who made fun of my speech imediamate. I stood up to him.
"We can't fight here. Do you know where coopermill is?"
He said yes.
"We can do it there." I said. I didn't back down.
He changed his mind. Didn't seem as bold.
He then wanted me to play along. I left with him still knowing where I lived.
I went to another bar that was closing. I had a shot of whiskey or maybe two with some water. I flirted with the 21 year old bar tender. Finally I left.
I was then reminded of Bobby in middle school. In middle school kids were split by honors and acedomics. Honors was the smart kids and acedimics weren't. I went to elementary school with Bobby and didn't understand why he was with lower level.
I got the feeling he was picked on. espically one day when five or maybe seven black kids were surrounding him saying What's up with you?
Bobby stood up to them, considered a nerd by the society, the very society that saw me as freak. He stood up to them asnwering. What's up with you? I wante to know what is up with you.? Bobby is now in law school and I am just a community college grad.

No comments: