Monday, August 1, 2011

A reverse 1950's view

When I say 1950's in this writing, I am talking about the family. The man goes out and makes the money while the woman stays home with the kids and cooks dinner. If this is your view on how things should be, there is nothing wrong with that. I was raised like that.
However, when I was a preschool teacher's aid there was this cute little girl. Her dad brought her to school, and usually her mom picked her up after school. Her dad stayed home.
The little girl also had a baby sister that I guess her dad watched. So I guess "daddy" watched two little girls after school. One had diapers and the other did not.
I watched the little girl like a hawk. Can't say I trusted the little boys, but they usually played together or by themselves. This little girl played well with others, she could write her name in "nice" handwriting, and she listened to the main teacher. Not to mention, she was funny and great to be around.
My brother for a little while was a stay at home dad. He got his oldest son into star wars, and he is still a good dad and husband.
The little girl, in preschool, dad was a stay home dad. I think this is a good modle for an american family. This case is springing up throughout America. Both parents bring in income so the finacial burden doesn't fall solely on one parent. I personally am a big believer in the stay at home dad.
In the 1980's there was this movie called Mr. Mom. The dad in this film loses his job and has to watch his two sons and daughter. His wife finds a job.
This was a comedy. In this movie it seems to say a man might have a different approach to child care, but he still gets the job done. If you can find this movie I highly reckomend it.
There is no reason why a man can't raise kids. It is an interestine dynamic that you might see more of.

No comments: